Re: Books

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Books
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 21:25:47 +1100,
  Kim Kohen <kim@webguide.com.au> wrote:

> I'm looking for a good book for an absolute PostgreSQL beginner. I have used
> MySQL a bit but have only gotten as far as installing PG.

Have you read through the online documentation?

My recommendation would be to read through the online manual and then
maybe consider gettong a book that covers areas not adequately covered
by the manual.

This is especially true if you are mostly concerned with administration
issues, as books rapidly become out of date with respect to that. And
if you are planning on using 8.0, there isn't going to be any book that
covers it.