Re: merging advocacy and "overview"

От elein
Тема Re: merging advocacy and "overview"
Дата
Re: merging advocacy and "overview"  (Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-www
General Bits is my way of contributing back to the community.
It is a FREE service.   It contains articles and examples
about PostgreSQL only.  It has about two years worth of weekly
issues containing one to six articles in each issue.  All
old issues are available and where possible translation has
been done into Castellano and Portuguese.

Subscriptions (donations) can be made to help offset my time.
You get a few perks with that. But honestly, only a handful of
people subscribe. If I were making money on this I think my
request would be unreasonable. But I'm not.  I'll talk numbers
with anyone nosy enough to ask :-)

Most people who go to General Bits never go to my main web
site.  The link is always published directly to the latest
column.  (In the spirit of sunshine, General Bits is on
vacation until January however.)

Because the intent of the site is to give back to the community
and because it has been achieving that goal I politely disagree
with Robert Treat's interpretation of GB as something not part
of the community as a whole.

elein

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 04:20:41PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, elein wrote:
>
> >And where does something like General Bits fit in as a link?  Does that
> >contribution (along with advocacy stuff) rate a corporate sponsor link?
> >Is auxilliary information equivalent to code contributions?  What about
> >advocacy work? I obviously would like to see Varlena, LLC on the
> >corporate sponsor list, at least for the time I spend writing and
> >publishing.
>
> I'm kinda confused, myself, about General Bits ... from one email I
> received, I got the impression that it was a 'subscription based service'
> that you provided ... can you clarify this?  But, I was always under the
> impression that it was a 'free service' :(
>
> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: merging advocacy and "overview"
Сообщение: Re: merging advocacy and "overview"