Re: inserting values into types

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: inserting values into types
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 06:07:34PM +0800, Andrew Thorley wrote:

> > Did you type the SQL statements and/or error messages instead
> > of cutting and pasting?
>
> yes i C&P'ed the SQL code & error code.

But did you copy the error message associated with the SQL code you
copied, or did you copy some other error message?  I ask because
the function name in the error doesn't match the function name in
the INSERT statement.  Here's what I get when I execute the statements
in your message:

test=> CREATE TYPE qwerty_UDT AS (abc INT);
CREATE TYPE
test=> CREATE TABLE t (col1 qwerty_UDT);
CREATE TABLE
test=> INSERT INTO t (col1) Values (qwerty_UDT(123));
ERROR:  function qwerty_udt(integer) does not exist

You said the error you got was:

ERROR:  function test_x(integer) does not exist

The error is the same but the detail differs: your error refers
to test_x(integer) instead of qwerty_udt(integer).  So where is
test_x coming from?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/