Re: problematic upgrade

От Marcin Gil
Тема Re: problematic upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
----Original Message----
From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Tom Lane
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 5:04 PM
To: Marcin Gil
Cc: 'PGSQL-Novice'
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] problematic upgrade

> I don't think the 7.3 server will start up against the
> hacked-up database, if that's what you mean.  If he can go
> back to the way things were just before he started messing
> with the database, then certainly he can pg_dump from the 7.3
> installation and go forward from there.

I think it's the only reasonable solution. Thrash all data for now,
recover from an old backup @ 7.3 and dump; restore @ 7.4 and refill
missing data. Lotta job but it is better then hand-check all dumps from
this 7.4-hacked.

Thank all of you,
-Marcin Gil

От: Akbar
Сообщение: remove too much space between words of the string
От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: remove too much space between words of the string