installing postgresql .rpms not in /usr/bin

От Mark
Тема installing postgresql .rpms not in /usr/bin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

 Is there any reason why postgresql rpms (FC2) are not relocatable?

The reason I ask I need to have 2 postgresql instances installed on
machine with no C compiler. I'like installed in diferent driectory
and not in /usr/bin... I'd rather not to start renaming files :(

I know that I can set up prefix when building postgresql from the
source.

Any suggestion how to install from rpm 2 different versions on the
single Linux machine.

Thanks,
Mark.