Re: Aubit 4GL for postgresql

От Mike Aubury
Тема Re: Aubit 4GL for postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Just to clarify -  Aubit4GL currently works with InformixSQL style SQL
statements being converted to PostgresSQL on the fly for migrating current
Informix4GL programs to run against a PostgresSQL database.

What I'm talking about here is running native PostgresSQL statements within
the 4GL for people who've maybe never heard of Informix 4GL/SQL.

(For example - Aubit4GL has no CREATE TYPE statement, outer joins are
different etc - a PostgresSQL programmer may not like the fact they need to
PREPARE or SQL/ENDSQL around these statements that the current 4GL grammar
rules don't recognise...).