Re: USENET vs Mailing Lists Poll ...

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: USENET vs Mailing Lists Poll ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Chris Green wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 05:00:19PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> As a side note, for those that do vote 'yes', please note that there is an
>> official pgsql.* hierarchy gated from the mailing lists, that is available
>> at news.postgresql.org, if you do wish to use a news reader vs a mail
>> reader ...
>>
> .... but reading news from a 'special' news server is not so much of a
> gain as having it as a 'proper' newsgroup.

Agreed ... but it is an option ... the pgsql.* is now being carried by
both Supernews and Stanford (two of the larger distribution points), and
have been entered into ISC's list of official newsgroups ... hopefully,
Google will be carrying it soon too ...

The point isn't to replace one with the other (I prefer the lists myself,
since anti-spam filters are easier to deal with), only to provide options

----

Сообщение: Re: USENET vs Mailing Lists Poll ...
Сообщение: Re: USENET vs Mailing Lists Poll ...