Re: [GENERAL] HELP speed up my Postgres

От Jerome Macaranas
Тема Re: [GENERAL] HELP speed up my Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
it did..  thanks.. generally a weeks process turned out to be less than a
day..

On Thursday 25 November 2004 15:06, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >         update SUBSCRIPTIONTABLE set ACTIVEFLAG='Y' where mobile_num in (select
> > mobile_num from LOADED_MOBILE_NUMBERS)
>
> Change to:
>
> update SUBSCRIPTIONTABLE set ACTIVEFLAG='Y' where exists (select 1 from
> LOADED_MOBILE_NUMBERS lmn where
> lmn.mobile_num=SUBSCRIPTIONTABLE.mobile_num);
>
> That should run a lot faster.
>
> Make sure you have indexes on both mobile_num columns.
>
> Chris

Jerome Macaranas
Systems/Network Administrator
GMA New Media, Inc.
Phone: (632) 9254627 loc 202
Fax: (632) 9284553
Mobile: (632) 918-9336819
jerome@gmanmi.tv

Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative.

DISCLAIMER: This Message may contain confidential information intended only
for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If
you received this message in error please notify your Mail Administrator and
those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of
GMA New Media, Inc.