Re: Moving/Using Postgres Binaries on multiple machines

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Moving/Using Postgres Binaries on multiple machines
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sure, this is what Linux distributers do. They compile postgresql into
a binary package which is installed on the user's machine.

It works as long as the environments are reasonably compatable, all
have readline, similar libc, etc.

Hope this helps,

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 12:30:28PM -0000, Francis Reed wrote:
> If I want to create a postgres database on multiple machines, is the
> practice of tarring or zipping up binaries compiled on one machine and
> untarring them on another, and using the binaries (initdb etc) acceptable?.
> This removes the need for having a compiler and environment on the target
> machine, or is it necessary always to have such an environment on any
> machine you intend to use postgres on? Postgres seems to have enough
> environment options to allow this to work, overriding the original library
> locations and paths etc from the original machine on which postgres was
> compiled.
>
> Does anyone see a problem with this approach?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Francis

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Moving/Using Postgres Binaries on multiple machines
Сообщение: Re: Moving/Using Postgres Binaries on multiple machines