Re: Copying into Unicode - Correcting Errors

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Copying into Unicode - Correcting Errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hunter Hillegas wrote:
> I need to import a file into a Unicode database.
>
> I am getting an error:
>
> ERROR:  Unicode characters greater than or equal to 0x10000 are not
> supported
> CONTEXT:  COPY mailing_list_entry, line 30928, column
> first_last_name: "Ver?nica"

If your file really does have Unicode characters greater than or equal
to 0x10000, then I don't have a good answer.

But more often, this error means that your file is not in Unicode in the
first place.  If so, set the client encoding to the real encoding of
your file, e.g.

export PGCLIENTENCODING=LATIN1

--
Peter Eisentraut