Way to check for function existance

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Way to check for function existance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry if this has been covered before, but the mailing list search is
down right now.

What's the best way to check for the existance of a function? I saw
pg_function_is_visible(), but the problem is that I'd need to use
::regprocedure with it, and ::regprocedure generates an error if the
function doesn't exist. Since I can't trap the error in pgplsql that's
no use.

I'm also working on trying to do a select out of pg_proc, but I'm not
having a lot of luck there either...

# select oid,* from pg_proc where proname='user_write_lock_oid' and
 proargtypes = ARRAY((SELECT oid FROM pg_type WHERE
 typname='oid'))::oidvector;
ERROR:  cannot cast type oid[] to oidvector

Сообщение: Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...
Сообщение: Re: Upcoming Changes to News Server ...