Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database
Дата
Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database  ("Jeff Flowers" <duckfoo@fastmail.fm>)
Список pgsql-novice
On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 14:55:50 -0500,
  Jeff Flowers <duckfoo@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> So my question is: how much data needs to be stored before PostgreSQL is
> worth the effort? Also, do people even use PostgreSQL at home for
> personal, non-weblog stuff?

The amount of data isn't the main consideration. Postgres would be useful
if you wanted to have queries about you comic books use an index or if
there was some data about them that had rules you wanted enforced.

I would think it would be overkill to use postgres if you are just
occasionally adding the names to the list and will just want the whole
list if there is an accident.

Сообщение: Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database
Сообщение: Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database