Re: timestamp with time zone question...

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: timestamp with time zone question...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 07:58:37PM -0600, P. George wrote:

> is it storing in the time zone of the actual server or something?  not
> sure where my db server actually, physically is.

See the documentation for Date/Time Types and Date/Time Functions
and Operators:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/datatype-datetime.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/functions-datetime.html

> if so, does that imply that i can translate these stored dates to any
> target time zone of my choosing when selecting the date from the db?

Yes -- see the aforementioned documentation.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

От: "P. George"
Сообщение: timestamp with time zone question...