Re: Trigger output to file.

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Trigger output to file.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 02:32:02AM -0800, Claire McGovern wrote:

> I'm looking for the syntax to get a trigger function
> written in PL/pgSQL to write to a text file.  I want
> to be able to append to the file and not open as new
> each time I write to it.

As far as I know, the only built-in way to write files from PL/pgSQL
is with COPY, which needs a source table and overwrites rather than
appends.  However, you could write a file-appending function in C
or in a procedural language like PL/Perl or PL/Python and call it
from PL/pgSQL.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/