Re: plperl crashes backend

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: plperl crashes backend
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 02:49:15PM +1100, John Hansen wrote:

> The following function:
[snip]
> creashes the backend, UNLESS it's executed in the same session where it was created.

I can reproduce this crash on the following platform:

  Solaris 9
  PostgreSQL 8.0.0beta4 (CVS)
  Perl 5.8.5
  gcc 3.4.2

I can NOT reproduce the crash on the following platform:

  FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE
  PostgreSQL 8.0.0beta4 (CVS - same copy of source as above)
  Perl 5.8.6-RC1
  gcc 2.95.4

The server log on the Solaris box shows this when it crashes
(signal 10 is SIGBUS):

  Can't return outside a subroutine at (eval 4) line 13.
  LOG:  server process (PID 25681) was terminated by signal 10

Adding a few elog lines to the function shows that it's crashing
at the "return $res;" line.  One of my gdb sessions showed the
following, although haven't been able to get this same output again:

  0xfec8c1e4 in Perl_av_fetch () from /usr/local/lib/libperl.so
  (gdb) bt
  #0  0xfec8c1e4 in Perl_av_fetch () from /usr/local/lib/libperl.so
  #1  0xfec689f4 in S_pad_findlex () from /usr/local/lib/libperl.so
  #2  0xfec68968 in Perl_pad_findmy () from /usr/local/lib/libperl.so

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/