pg_dumpall (7.3) 'public' schema bug

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема pg_dumpall (7.3) 'public' schema bug
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Went to upgrade from postgresql (RedHat's postgresql
rh-postgresql-7.3.6-7) to Fedora core 3 postgresql
7.4.6-1 and encountered a problem.  If nothing else this
is worth a note on the 7.4 upgrade doc page.

I deleted the 'public' schema from my databases
in 7.3, now in 7.4 they are back.  I suppose it is remotely
possible that I really didn't delete 'public' in 7.3,
I can't recall the last time I looked, but I'm sure
I must have checked at the time I deleted public.

Ran pg_dumpall on 7.3.  After feeding the ouput to psql
on 7.4 I got:

$ psql babase

         \h for help with SQL commands
         \? for help on internal slash commands
         \q to quit

babase=> select * from pg_namespace;
        nspname       | nspowner

nspacl

--------------------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   pg_toast           |        1 |  pg_temp_1          |        1 |
pg_catalog         |        1 | {postgres=U*C*/postgres,=U/postgres}
   public             |        1 | {postgres=U*C*/postgres,=UC/postgres}
   information_schema |        1 | {postgres=U*C*/postgres,=U/postgres}
   babase             |      100 |
{babase_admin=U*C*/babase_admin,"group
babase_editors=U/babase_admin","group babase_readers=U/babase_admin"}
   sandbox            |      100 |
{babase_admin=U*C*/babase_admin,"group
babase_editors=UC/babase_admin","group babase_readers=U/babase_admin"}
(7 rows)

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                   -- Robert A. Heinlein