Re: How many secondary databases can I create?

От Michelle Konzack
Тема Re: How many secondary databases can I create?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Joshua,

Am 2004-11-13 21:40:10, schrieb Joshua D. Drake:
> Dawid Kuroczko wrote:

> >1) One pgsql per user -- in other words each user runs its own copy of
> >pgsql -- waste of memory (each user having its own shared mem, etc),
> >but can enforce quota limits, etc.  Hard to keep all those copies of
> >pgsql running.
> >
> Hello,
>
> We use this version as it allows us to provide the best security
> and flexibility to the customer

This is right, but how many $USER do you have and what Computer ?

And I think, the database is only accessible local without TCP ?

If you have 100 $USER und 100 postmasers running and $USER wish
to connect via TCP how do you manage the Ports ?

I am searching a solution to split up a ~800 GByte big database...
and currently it increase around 100 MByte/day. (running with 9 x
SCSI-HDD 147 GByte in Raid-5 on a Quad-Athlon with only 4 GByte of
memory and not 8 GByte as I like)

> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi

Вложения