Re: Postresql RFD version 2.0 Help Wanted.

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Postresql RFD version 2.0 Help Wanted.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Yeah, I understand it's not how the groups are set up, but it does seem
> a little confusing.  (Posting to a Usenet newsgroup and getting an
> e-mail reply saying that my mailing list message is being held for
> approval, for example.)  I think it's a really good idea to make the
> groups official, at least the ones that get enough traffic for it to be
> worth it, and there are certainly other gatewayed mailing lists in
> comp.*, but it just seems like while we're looking at this, it might be
> better to make them moderated to make the whole process a bit more
> straightforward.

Note that I'm not against making them moderated ... it changes nothing as
far as how things are handled on the lists themselves, since the moderator
address would be the mailing list itself, not a single person ... either
way, they'd end up getting the "your post is yet to be approved" message
if they aren't already subscribed (with nomail option enabled, optimally)

----