Re: Gborg down?

От Alvaro Herrera Munoz
Тема Re: Gborg down?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 11:09:07AM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>
> >I used to have a script on my remote server that I was running in BG before
> >to touch the network, that script was bringing up the network if was down
> >for more then 2 minutes. My server is now hosted in my house and I do not
> >need it anymore, I changed it with the no-ip script :-)
>
> Until now, I didn't think I'd need such a think :(  In almost 12 years of
> networking, that is one thing that I've never done, unconfigured the main
> IP ;(

Yeah, I think part of the problem was that it was an accident and not
something planned.  I have had to change the main IP address of a remote
server a couple of times, so I used a script like Gaetano's (though I
measured time in terms of seconds, usually less than ten, not minutes).
But you weren't given the chance :-)

> Then again, I think I've been lucky so far in that I've never done an 'rm
> -rf /' either :)

Very lucky indeed.  I did that (or equivalents like rm -fr /lib) at least
two times.

Unrelated: I just noticed that you added the mboxen to lists archives.
Many many thanks for that!

"La realidad se compone de muchos sueños, todos ellos diferentes,
pero en cierto aspecto, parecidos..." (Yo, hablando de sueños eróticos)