Re: Gborg down?

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Gborg down?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Jerry LeVan wrote:

> I don't seem to be able to connect to gborg.postgresql.org this
> evening...

Already working on it ... I found an undocumented 'feature' in FreeBSD
today while doing some cleanups ... we ordered a terminal server to allow
us to do remote admin on the servers, but, unfortunately, we're still
waiting for it to arrive, so we're waiting for a tech to reset the server

I've posted details to the FreeBSD -stable and -current mailing list, but
the simple summary is that 'ifconfig <dev> -alias' with no ip specific'd
literally erases all IPs on that device, leaving the server running
'un-networked' ... :(

----