Re: preloading indexes

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: preloading indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:19:43PM -0700, stuff@opensourceonline.com wrote:
> The caching appears to disappear overnight. The environment is not in
> production yet so I'm the only one on it.

Are you vacuuming at night?  It grovels through the entire database,
and may bust your query out of the cache.  Also, we'd need some more
info about how you've tuned this thing.  Maybe check out the archives
first for some tuning pointers to help you.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland