Re: Daylight Savings Time handling on persistent connections

От Vinko Vrsalovic
Тема Re: Daylight Savings Time handling on persistent connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 07:08:39PM +0100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> For the parsing integer issue it may have worked, but this is another
> kettle of fish. I don't think you can do this as a simple switch, it
> would have to set during the initdb and not allowed to be changed
> afterwards. I don't know if that something that can be supported.

I suspected it wasn't that easy. Anyhow, I strongly believe
that when no reasonable defaults can be deduced, the software
should give the user the ability to decide what he wants to do.

Of course technical (implementation, maintenance, etc.) issues are
highly relevant and if it can't reasonably be done, well, tough luck,
but I think (and I don't have a clue about the internals of
PostgreSQL, so take this with two grains of salt) a solution such
as the one you mention should be given consideration.

--
Vinko Vrsalovic <el[|-@-|]vinko.cl>