Re: oracle synchronization strategy

От Joachim Wieland
Тема Re: oracle synchronization strategy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Randall,

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 11:25:46PM -0600, Randall Smith wrote:
> 1. Set up stored proc on oracle that records a INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
> SQL action taken on a table into a log table.
> 2. Program reads the log table on oracle and issues the same SQL command
> on the postgres db.  In the same transaction, postgres writes to a log
> showing the command has been executed.
> 3. The program will query the oracle log table on some frequency ~30
> seconds.

It depends on what you're trying to achieve.

Your way might work if you only want to mirror oracle -> pgsql but not vice
versa.

Furthermore you need to do manual maintenance on the pgsql side if you
change your schema on the oracle side (create/drop/change tables, ...)

I've done something similar with MS SQL -> pgsql and perl some years ago.
Shout if you're interested.

There's also dbmirror in contrib/ that works in a similar way.

Joachim