Serializable transactions and SQLException

От Giampaolo Tomassoni
Тема Serializable transactions and SQLException
Дата
Re: Serializable transactions and SQLException  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dears,

I would like to develop java code using the pgsql-jdbc driver on serializable
isolated transactions. The (general) pgsql manual states that this, of
course, may cause concurrent updating transaction failures to inform the
client to retry the transaction as a whole.

This is said to be reported by the error message:

    ERROR:  Can't serialize access due to concurrent update

Great. I want to cope with it. But what's the SQLException.getSQLState() value
associated to this? Or is it a SQLException.getErrorCode()? Is this value
something 'standard', in the sense that, ie., if I need to switch to Oracle
it works fine? Is there a better way to identify 'please, retry' suggestions
than browsing the SQLException object?

It is possible I didn't search enough, but it is a matter of fact that I
didn't find any information about it. Please spare a word about it.

Regards,

    Giampaolo Tomassoni