Re: Proposed TODO: CREATE .... WITH OWNER;

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Proposed TODO: CREATE .... WITH OWNER;
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> The main objection to this is that it makes the dump completely
> unportable.

That's a powerful argument.

Dennis and I are hashing this out on IRC.   The second option would be to
simply put SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION statements before each and every
statement in the pg_dump.   This would make each statement "atomic" as far as
user ownership is concerned, with less changes than "WITH OWNER" would
entail.

I can't imagine that it would slow down restoring much, and could even be
helped by making SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION realize it didn't have to do
anything if that was already the current user (does it now?).

> Not in 8.0.

Of course not.    I'm talking for 8.1, or later.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions