Re: create index with substr function

От george young
Тема Re: create index with substr function
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
As previously suggested by Stephan Szabo, you need to create a helper
function, e.g.:
create or replace function after9(text)returns text language plpgsql immutable as '
   begin
   return substr($1, 10);
   end;
';

You may need the "immutable" specification is to allow the
function's use in an index.

Then use this function in the index creation:

CREATE INDEX idx_doc_substr_doc_urn ON doc USING btree (after9(doc_urn));

I think that should do it.

-- George

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:37:26 +0800
"Ray" <ray_siu@ge-ts.com.hk> threw this fish to the penguins:

> sorry it doesn't works, as my postgres is 7.3 not 7.4. any other alternative
> solution for version after 7.4??
>
> Thank
> Ray : )

"Are the gods not just?"  "Oh no, child.
What would become of us if they were?" (CSL)