windows version

От padma k
Тема windows version
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I downloaded and installed
postgresql-8[1].0-beta2-dev3. Do I need cygwin to
connect to it.

I am trying to connect from pgAdmin and it fails.

Getting different errors:

'Could not receive server response to SSL negotiation
package....'

Then I went to SSL select box of pgAdmin and I get
below error:

'Server closed the connection unexpectedly. This
probably means server terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request'

I see the server running properly in windows services.

Path to executable of server:
C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta2-dev3\bin\pg_ctl.exe
runservice -N "pgsql-8.0-beta2-dev3" -D "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta2-dev3\data\"

Please let me know what am I doing here. What am I
missing.

Also, what should be the next steps to connect to
database from a php application?

Thanks.