Re: Why isn't this index being used?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Why isn't this index being used?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 11:33:50AM -0400, Knutsen, Mark wrote:
> (Why don't replies automatically go to the list?)

Because sometimes you don't want them to.  There's been dozens of
discussions about this.  BTW, mutt has a nice feature which allows
you to reply to lists -- I imagine other MUAs have such a feature
too.

> Sure enough, quoting the constants fixes the problem.
>
> Is it a best practice to always quote constants?

No, but it's very useful in these cases.  The problem is I believe
this is fixed in 8.0, BTW.  See the FAQ, question 4.8

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
        --J.D. Baldwin

Сообщение: Re: Vacuum takes a really long time, vacuum full required
Сообщение: Re: Vacuum takes a really long time, vacuum full required