Re: embedded postgresql

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: embedded postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
GB:

> I would like to know if there are any discussions about
> creating an embedded version on postgresql. My thoughts
> go towards building/porting a sqlite equivalent of pg.

Not that I personally know of.    While it would be nice to have an embeddable
database which was syntax-compatible with PostgreSQL, it would be so
radically different codewise as to be a completely different project.
Probably the only thing you'd re-use would be the query parser code.  At a
guess, you'd probably be better off trying to weld out query parser to
BerkeleyDB or something than to try to "downsize" the PG code.

If you do, though, please let us know, and feel free to host it at pgFoundry.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions