Re: Getting rid of AtEOXact_Buffers (was Re: [Testperf-general] Re: First set of OSDL Shared Memscalability results, some wierdness ...)

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Getting rid of AtEOXact_Buffers (was Re: [Testperf-general] Re: First set of OSDL Shared Memscalability results, some wierdness ...)
Дата
Ответ на Getting rid of AtEOXact_Buffers (was Re: [Testperf-general] Re: First set of OSDL Shared Memscalability results, some wierdness ...)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-performance
Tom,

> We could also get rid of the linear search in UnlockBuffers().  The only
> thing it's for anymore is to release a BM_PIN_COUNT_WAITER flag, and
> since a backend could not be doing more than one of those at a time,
> we don't really need an array of flags for that, only a single variable.
> This does not show in the OSDL results, which I presume means that their
> test case is not exercising transaction aborts;

In the test, one out of every 100 new order transactions is aborted (about 1
out of 150 transactions overall).

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus