Re: A solution to the SSL customizing problem

От Ulrich Meis
Тема Re: A solution to the SSL customizing problem
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Friday 15 October 2004 07:28, Oliver Jowett wrote:
> Ulrich Meis wrote:
> > On Friday 15 October 2004 05:35, Oliver Jowett wrote:
> >>This doesn't look right, what is '&urlServer&'?

> > In parseURL I added a line to set that property to the connection url
> > string without parameters. It's the easiest way I am aware of to get the
> > exact url down to makeSSL. Since parseURL simply splits parameters upon &
> > and doesn't convert escaped &s, I used the &s to make absolutely sure
> > that this property never clashes with a real url parameter - also that
> > wouldn't actually matter. If nothing else, it makes it obvious that this
> > is internal.
>
> Ouch, that's a bit nasty.
>
> Why exactly would a SSLSocketFactory implementation need to know the
> original URL?

That makes it easy to associate a particular getConnection call with a
presented certificate.

But to make the code less nasty, hostname and port might actually do the trick
because that suffices to identify the server that presented the certificate
(since a server only has one cert).

The attached changes provide as first parameter "hostname:port" to the factory
as given in the Properties object, so I removed the &urlServer& thing.

Uli

Вложения