Re: SELECT FOR UPDATE and LIMIT 1 behave oddly

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: SELECT FOR UPDATE and LIMIT 1 behave oddly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom,

> The FOR UPDATE part executes after the LIMIT part.  Arguably this is a
> bad thing, but I'm concerned about the compatibility issues if we change
> it.

In that case, maybe I should do a doc patch warning people not to combine
them?

Hmmm .... come to think of it, is there any easy way to query "give me the
first row which is not locked"?    If I tie pg_locks to a query, will I get
wierd effects?  Just musing ....

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions