Start up

От Keith Worthington
Тема Start up
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi All,

I just installed pgAdmin.  I can start the program.  When I try to add a
server connection (which is what I amssume I am supposed to do) it fails.  I
am using the following settings in the "Connect to a Server" dialog.

Server:  localhost
Port:  5432
SSL:
Initial database:  template1
Username:  postgres
Trusted:  X
Password:

When I click "OK" I get the following message.

An error has occured:

Error connecting to the server:  could not connect to server:
Connection refused    Is the server running on host 127.0.0.1 and accepting    TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Of course being a newbie I don't know if the server is listening.  Any help
would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Keith

99main Internet Services http://www.99main.com