Re: Log line prefix on win32

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Log line prefix on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I was thinking of adding %z as an option to log_line prefix, so to get
> > the current output you would do '%t %z'.  I was not suggesting changing
> > the %Z passed to strftime if they ask for timezone.
>
> I think this is a bad idea, mainly because you couldn't easily get the
> same output.  It would be almost the same, except when you crossed a DST
> boundary in between the two calls to strftime; in which case you'd get a
> completely misleading result.
>
> I believe that in the long run we will stop using the platform-specific
> strftime at all, and go over to using just our own code, which makes
> this not a permanent problem but just an artifact of the fact that we
> haven't completely finished the process of absorbing src/timezone/.
> So I'd rather not invent an API element simply because Windows' strftime
> sucks.

Agreed, and the daylight savings time is a good reason to keep the
timezone.

However, I actually prefer the mail header style of timezone to EST/EDT
anyway:
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 12:37:52 -0400

Ours would change from:
2004-10-08 11:29:30 EDT LOG:  database system was shut down at
to2004-10-08 11:29:30 -0400 LOG:  database system was shut down at

Is that better?

Pennsylvania19073