Re: when to use NULL and when to NOT NULL DEFAULT ''

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: when to use NULL and when to NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 12:20 schrieb Terry Lee Tucker:
> Why would you never define a column as NOT NULL, or am I misunderstanding
> what you are saying?

His question was, should one use null values or should one use artificially
reserved real data values to indicate missing values, as MySQL appears to
have recommended at some point.  My suggestion was to use null values.

Of course, if you don't want null values, you declare your column accordingly.

--
Peter Eisentraut