Re: flattened tables with normalized tables

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: flattened tables with normalized tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 22:35:50 -0600,
  Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 09:08:18PM -0700, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> >
> > About regular views, how does that speed things up, other than the initial
> > SQL interpretation of the view not needing to be done?
>
> I didn't mean to imply that views would speed things up -- I was
> merely suggesting them as an alternative to your "flattened table"
> if part of its purpose would be to simplify queries.  You might
> want to perform some experiments to see if the performance gains
> from a materialized view are worth the extra complexity.

It may even turn out there aren't any performance gains from having a
materialized view. That will depend on the mix of operations in production.

Сообщение: Re: flattened tables with normalized tables
Сообщение: Re: flattened tables with normalized tables