Re: is it a known issue or just a bug?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: is it a known issue or just a bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> It'd be easy enough to put in the anti-flattening defenses (checks (1)
> and (2) in my prior message) but I've got mixed emotions about whether
> this is really a good thing to do.  Any opinions out there?

If my opinion wasn't clear, I was suggesting adding a WARNING and not doing
anything about flattening.   I can't say that, in 5 years of developing
applications in Postgres, that this has ever been a problem for me personally
-- from my perspective the persons reporting the issue needs to re-code their
query, it's not what sequences were meant for.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions