Re: 7.3.4 vacuum/analyze error

От Ed L.
Тема Re: 7.3.4 vacuum/analyze error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday September 29 2004 8:59, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> >> Either increase your per-process memory limit, or reduce the
> >> statistics targets for this table ...
> >
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > $ ulimit -a
> > time(seconds)        unlimited
> > file(blocks)         unlimited
> > data(kbytes)         131072
>
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> This is where the limit is coming from ...
>
> > $ psql -c "select name, setting from pg_settings" | egrep stats_
> >  stats_block_level              | off
>
> Those are not the statistics I'm talking about.  I was assuming that
> you'd done ALTER TABLE SET STATISTICS somewhere along the line, or
> changed default_statistics_target.  If you haven't, then this must
> be a pretty strange table --- how many columns has it got?

No ALTER TABLE SET STATISTICS being done here, but I do enable
stats_row_level and stats_block_level.

The table has 3 columns, one of which contains huge text values.  Yes, barf.

Should I change the data size to 'unlimited'?  Or just bump it up?  And is
it possible to change the data size limit for the postmaster and backends
without restarting them?

Ed