Re: Server unreliability

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Server unreliability
Дата
Re: Server unreliability  (Alexey Borzov <borz_off@cs.msu.su>)
Re: Server unreliability  (Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-www
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> I hope we'll not begin a OS/distro war! (O.K, it'd be good if Red Hat
> contributes RHEL to PostgreSQL project ;) Anyone from Red Hat in here, or
> in -core? ;) )

I have to say I am about as pro-*BSD as they come, but if Linux is what
it will take to make things better, I am ready to try it.  If it takes
SCO Unixware, I am ready to try it.  However, I think Marc has pointed
out some less drastic changes that will fix the fsck problem.  My point
is that the fsck problem has gone on too long and it is time to address
it head-on.  Let's take the approach with the best possibility of
success and implement it.

> > o  Web site
> >
> > We have been talking about a new web page layout for years at this
> > point.  I almost don't care if they just put a dancing bear up on the
> > web site.  Let's do something!
>
> Like this one? : http://www.jensummerfield.supanet.com/bearaniy.gif

Yes, and its animated too.  Everyone knows animation on a web site
spices it up, as does blinking text and text that changes color.  :-)

> Well, web team (mostly Alexey) is working on it. We have a fabulous new
> design (you know...). I think it'll be ready before 8.0.0. See the -www
> archives for that (Archives? Umm maybe Google...)

Yes, but how far is it from the image I saw to the completed site?  I
have no idea, and why has there been so little progress in the past few
years?

> > o  Archives
> >
> > The archives situation is a continual problem.  Again, maybe a dancing
> > bear can help.  :-)
>
> :-) A Google search box could be better sometimes...

Yes, except Google has decided to stop archiving our groups since
September 16.  We reported this on the www list, I think.  I think they
had the best archive interface, and now it is gone.  Take a look:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&group=comp.databases.postgresql.hackers

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Server unreliability
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Server unreliability