Re: Server unreliability

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Server unreliability
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Basically, with no money and no one offering servers, I don't see a
>> good solution to any of these problems, but I think we need to
>> recognize these are problems and that we will continue to suffer
>> until they are addressed.
>
> I'm sure people would offer money, servers, and pipes if there were some
> public accounting and governance.  Right now, we don't really know
>
> - What services are being run?
> - How many resources does that take?
> - Who provides those resources?
> - Who administers these services?
>
> Take a look at this: <http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi>.  This is the
> sort of thing we need before we can continue planning our system
> resources.

If someone wishes to create the form/interface, I'll fill in the blanks
... right off the top of my head, we have the following VMs running:

svr1.postgresql.org     - mailing lists, developer.postgresql.org, cvsroot
                         - host server: neptune, Dual Xeon

www.postgresql.org      - techdocs, advocacy, www
                         - host server: venus, Dual Athlon

pgfoundry.org           - host server: jupiter, Dual-PIII

gborg.postgresql.org    - host server: venus, Dual Athlon

archives.postgresql.org - mailing list archives
                         - moving to one of commandprompt.com's servers

ftp.postgresql.org      - also bittorrent and anoncvs
                         - host server: saturn, leased computer

pugs.postgresql.org     - host server: venus, Dual Athlon

search.postgresql.org    - hosted on John's server

Did I miss any?

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Server unreliability
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Server unreliability