Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Joe,

>   - the use of inherited tables to partition this huge number of rows and
>     yet allow simple query access to it seems to work well, at least in
>     early validation tests
>   - had we simply taken the original database and "slammed" it into
>     Postgres with no further thought, we would not have seen the big
>     improvements, and thus the project might have been seen as a failure
>     (even though it saves substantial $)

Any further thoughts on developing this into true table partitioning?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --
Сообщение: Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --