ECPG & Mac OS X

От Richard Connamacher
Тема ECPG & Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I was looking through the docs, ECPG looks like a great tool for developing client
applications.

Anyone know if it's possible to set it up for use with Objective C in XCode on Mac OS X?
XCode allows you to set your own custom build tool, which I could replace with a shell script
that calls ecpg, saves a converted file, which it then passes that on to gcc. What I don't know
if if this'll screw up any of XCode's IDE features - such as, will line numbers of errors
reported by gcc match up with line numbers in the source file, which XCode uses to hilite
lines with errors?

Also, anyone know if it can parse Objective C files? They're basically identical to c language
files, with two added constructs: method calls, which are surrounded by brackets:

     String *helloText = [String stringWithCString:"Hello"];

and objective c directives, which all begin with a '@':

     String *moreHelloText = @"Hello again";

Will this conflict with ecpg's ability to parse a file?

Thanks,
Rich