Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Mischa,

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:47:17 GMT
Mischa Sandberg <ischamay.andbergsay@activestateway.com> wrote:

> On the other hand, if you do warehouse-style loading (Insert, or PG
> COPY, into a temp table; and then 'upsert' into the perm table), I can
> guarantee 2500 inserts/sec is no problem.

As we can forsee that we'll have similar insert rates to cope with in
the not-so-far future, what do you mean with 'upsert'? Do you mean a
stored procedure that iterates over the temp table?

Generally, what is the fastest way for doing bulk processing of
update-if-primary-key-matches-and-insert-otherwise operations?

Thanks,
Markus Schaber

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich

Сообщение: Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres -- merge tables
Сообщение: Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --