Re:

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Yo,

> If someone can, please repond to this post on LWN, from here:
> http://lwn.net/Articles/101458/

If you want to reply, please do.   I regret that I let my LWN membership
lapse.

I personally do not respond to these sorts of bombastic pronouncements.   That
post looks to me like a troll rather than anyone you really wants feedback.

FYI, there is a company which produces a commercially successful ERP product
on Postgres: OpenMFG.  Apparently a competitor using similar technology is
starting up in the Netherlands, and I hear constantly from the manufacturing
sector -- some of whom have databases in the hundreds of millions of records,
so they're obviously not just "testing".

For myself, I have clients running PG in production for data warehousing,
legal calendaring, human resources and placement.   In fact, I've been able
to support myself comfortably for the last 3 years doing PG work completely
unrelated to content management systems.

The reason Sybase has offered this free database, I am convinced, is the
Software Developer's Forum survey showing that PostgreSQL was pusing Sybase
off the market, numerically speaking (that is, Sybase was 4th and PG was 5th
for old projects, and the positions were reversed for new projects).

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: LinuxWorld, London Olympia Oct 6th/7th
Сообщение: Re: LinuxWorld, London Olympia Oct 6th/7th