Re: Rollback on Error

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Rollback on Error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 11:39:32AM +0200, Michael Paesold wrote:
> I though the postgres behaviour of rolling back the whole transaction was
> standard? If that is not the case, I don't understand why core seems to be
> against a mode (GUC), where an implicit savepoint is generated before each
> statement so that "rollback of the last statement" would be possible.

Well. If such a mode ever becomes available I'll be looking into how to
make sure it never gets turned on. My mind is currently boggling at the
number of things it would break.

A transaction is either committed as a whole, without errors, or not at
all. If you want to do a savepoint after each statement, go right
ahead, nothing is stopping you. I just don't think making it any kind
of default is a very good idea...

Вложения