Time zone string not showing

От Clodoaldo Pinto Neto
Тема Time zone string not showing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I want to have the time zone string (like 'BRT') displayed after a
date-time. The date column is of the type timestamp with time zone. But
the time zone is not displayed.

It works for a timestamp without time zone column:
# select to_char(timestamp '2001-02-16 20:38:40' at time zone 'BRT',
'HH24:MI DD/MM/YYYY TZ');
       to_char
----------------------
 23:38 16/02/2001 UTC

It does not work for a timestamp with time zone column:
# select to_char(timestamp with time zone '2001-02-16 20:38:40-05' at
time zone 'BRT', 'HH24:MI DD/MM/YYYY TZ');
      to_char
 22:38 16/02/2001

Is it the expected behavior? Should I just append the time zone
string? The problem is it could be 'BRT' or 'BRST' depending on the
date.

Regards,
Clodoaldo Pinto

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - navegue de graça com conexão de qualidade!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/