Re: Postgresql and scripting

От Jerome Lyles
Тема Re: Postgresql and scripting
Дата
Re: Postgresql and scripting
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 07 September 2004 01:50 am, John DeSoi wrote:
> On Sep 7, 2004, at 7:24 AM, Jerome Lyles wrote:
> > test-# \i create.txt
> > psql:create.txt:1: ERROR:  syntax error at or near "" at character 1
> >
> > Here is the top of the script:
> >  - -   S a m s   T e a c h   Y o u r s e l f   S Q L   i n   1 0   M i
> > n u t e
>
> It seems that your file might be in unicode (utf-16) since it appears
> there is whitespace after every character. Check your editor settings
> and resave the file.
>
> Best,
>
> John DeSoi, Ph.D.
Right now it's in unicode (utf-8), switching between utf 8 and sixteen has no
effect on the spaces between letters.  Tried iso 8859-1 and iso 8859-15 but
the editor window was empty for these encodings.

Can someone point me to a sed or shell script that I can use on a text file to
remove the whitespace between the letters in the words only?   Here is the
top of the script file as it stands now:

- -   C r e a t e   C u s t o m e r s   t a b l e

 C R E A T E   T A B L E   C u s t o m e r s

 (

     c u s t _ i d             c h a r ( 1 0 )     N O T   N U L L   ,

     c u s t _ n a m e         c h a r ( 5 0 )     N O T   N U L L   ,

     c u s t _ a d d r e s s   c h a r ( 5 0 )     ,

     c u s t _ c i t y         c h a r ( 5 0 )     ,

     c u s t _ s t a t e       c h a r ( 5 )       ,

     c u s t _ z i p           c h a r ( 1 0 )     ,

     c u s t _ c o u n t r y   c h a r ( 5 0 )     ,

     c u s t _ c o n t a c t   c h a r ( 5 0 )     ,

     c u s t _ e m a i l       c h a r ( 2 5 5 )

 ) ;

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Firewall Security Requirements for Postgresql Access
От: Steve Atkins
Сообщение: Re: Salt in encrypted password in pg_shadow