Pb with ecpg and include file on PG 8.0.0

От Valerie Schneider DSI/DEV
Тема Pb with ecpg and include file on PG 8.0.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a set of libraries and C/C++ programs with embedded access to
a PG database. I'm using ecpg. I'm working on a Linux RedHat9 platform.

Until now I was in PG 7.4.2 :
[clipg@li SrcLib]$ ecpg --version
ecpg (PostgreSQL 7.4.2) 3.1.1
[clipg@li SrcLib]$ g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)

and without any problem.

I installed PG 8.0.0beta2 :
[clipg@li SrcLib]$ ecpg --version
ecpg (PostgreSQL 8.0.0beta2) 3.2.0

And if I try to recompile I find pre-compiled errors, variables which
are defined in an include file are not "seen".
Is there any known problem or bug about this ?

Detail :
    ======= Precompiling DbTablesFk.pgc =======

ecpg DbTablesFk.pgc -I/VALE/users/clipg/Server/Include -o DbTablesFk.cc
DbTablesFk.pgc:144: ERROR: trying to access an undeclared cursor MAX_FK

DbTablesFk.pgc:144: ERROR: syntax error at or near "IN"

and in the program :
EXEC SQL INCLUDE DbTablesUtilPg.hh;

  EXEC SQL PREPARE S FROM :sqlstmt;
  EXEC SQL DECLARE C_FK_COL CURSOR FOR S;
  EXEC SQL OPEN C_FK_COL;
  EXEC SQL FETCH MAX_FK IN C_FK_COL  INTO :fk_id_L , :valid_L, :target_t_L;

with MAX_FK a variable defined in the file
/VALE/users/clipg/Server/Include/DbTablesUtilPg.hh :
exec sql define  MAX_FK        100;

If I replace the MAX_FK variable by its value it's OK.
If I define the MAX_FK variable directly in the program (and not
in an include file) it's OK.

Any idea ? Thanks for all, Valerie.

*    Les points de vue exprimes sont strictement personnels et     *
*      n'engagent pas la responsabilite de METEO-FRANCE.           *
* Valerie SCHNEIDER             Tel : +33 (0)5 61 07 81 91         *
* METEO-FRANCE / DSI/DEV        Fax : +33 (0)5 61 07 81 09         *
* 42, avenue G. Coriolis        Email : Valerie.Schneider@meteo.fr *
* 31057 TOULOUSE Cedex - FRANCE         http://www.meteo.fr        *