Re: Sixth Draft

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Sixth Draft
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

> While I like your wording re: who can change the source tree, I think we
> need to step back and ask a philosophical question: what is the purpose of
> this press release?  To attract new users.  Does talk about who can commit
> to the source tree create a compelling reason to use PostgreSQL over the
> alternatives?  I don't think it does.  There's also the issue of word
> count; IIRC Josh Berkus said he wanted it around 1000 words, and last time
> I counted it had about 1800.  I think we should leave out the details
> about who commits, and just say that it's a BSD license (and explain what
> BSD license entails).

Also keep in mind that the PR will link to a web page, where we can throw in
the kitchen sink in terms of text.   So I'd favor any such extraneous
information -- like what BSD licensing means to users -- on the web page but
NOT in the PR.   I'm going to need to prune as it is.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions