Re: [ADMIN] slower every day

От G u i d o B a r o s i o
Тема Re: [ADMIN] slower every day
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Again me,

   To make it easier.

Situation A:
log_something = true

Situation B:
# log_something = <anything>

Situation C:
log_something = false

After the pg_ctl reload:

Situation B = Situation A
Situation C <> (Situation A || Situation B)

Is this the expected behavior?

Conclusion:

If you comment a line on the conf file, and reload it, will remain in the last state. (either wast true or false, while
Iexpected a default)

Regards

> The solution appeared as something I didn't know
>
>   On the .conf file
>
> Previous situation:
>
> #log_something=false
> log_something=true
>
> Worst situation
> #log_something=false
> #log_something=true
>
> Nice situation
> log_something=false
> #log_something=true
>

> Ok, the problem was that I assumed that commenting a value on
> the conf file will set it up to a default (false?). I was wrong.
> My server was writting tons of log's.
>
> Is this the normal behavior for pg_ctl reload? It seems that looks for new values, remembering the last state on the
onesthat actually are commented. Although it's my fault to have 2 (tow) lines for the same issue, and that I should
realizethat this is MY MISTAKE, the log defaults on a reload, if commented, tend to be the last value entered?

От: Christopher Kings-Lynne
Сообщение: Re: open item: tablespace handing in
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] [ADMIN] slower every day